Søk i denne bloggen

tirsdag 1. februar 2011

February made me shiver...

February came with warm weather.


November, December and parts of January will be remembered as very cold. For the last couple of days though, its been pleasent temperatures around zero degrees C.


Yesterday I went on a very nice wholeday trip with Renee and Lianne from The Netherlands. The original plan was to set out towards Vinstervann and Valdresflya. But when the morning came I realized it was winds up to blizzard strength in the high terrain.

So we stayed below the treeline, and ended up having a wonderful day with the dogs.


We did some trailbreaking in the forest, and as I have said many times before, the dogs never stop to surprise me. Even when falling completely through the snow, with a big clumpsy heavy musher behind the sled, they just keep going. Amazing!
Half way we stopped, dogs got a big slice of raw meat.
We made up a fire, warmed the soup, ate it with bread, coffee, tea, sirup, cookies. We could really apreciate beeing in the forest, as we could hear the wind roaring in the treetops.
Today Silje has been running one team at the "Helsesportsenteret" (HealthSportInstitute) where we go twice a week. It is a real plesure to bring disabled people out in the nature. Many of them actually crying of happiness=)
At the moment Silje is on her way out again with some local guests on a HalfDay tour. They will cover some 16 km in aproximately 1,5 hrs effective sledding. The whole "show" last for about 3 hrs since we are very keen on having our guests helping with the preparations of their own team and so on.
Tomorrow me and my father is going to Røros for Femundløpet 2011. Sadly I will not be compeeting. I havn`t been in good shape since christmas time, and my testrun in Hallingen made it clear to me, that it would be unwise to participate in a three-day competition.. After all it is important that I am able to work also after the race, since I live from running sleddogs.
It will be exciting to follow the race from the sideline. It is probably the biggest race ever with about 250 teams running.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar