Søk i denne bloggen

mandag 24. januar 2011

HALLINGEN 2011

Hallingløpet 2011 is over. I was at least last man standing. It was physically very hard for both me and the dogs, and I have learned a lesson about conection between dogs and musher.

That connection between me and the dogs was non existing. Theese super well trained atheles belongs to our friends Erle and Gorm. They have been trained and groomed for racing all there lives. I dodn`t even have a young rookie team, but a bunch of experienced racers that has finnished many great races before.

Frodo, Mathilde, Dæven, Maloy, Senja, Frekk, Fox and Splitt.

Frkk and Fox obviously did not respect me. Worst was it with Fox. If I say that he worked for 10 km I am overdoing it a bit. Frodo who is Erle and Gorms legendary all time best leader, did his job, but not much more. Senja, Maloy, Splitt and Mathilde did some heavy duty working, but it helps little when the musher is 100kg and the route is 160 kms.

So we ended up as the last team to pass the finishline. In mushing language the last team is called "red lantern". I didn`t see that coming, and obviously I am not to proud. One bright side is, that the last musher gets a comfortprize. So it is much better to be the last than 2nd last=)
Lesson is learned and at the end of the day I am happy with the outcome and what I am able to draw from it.

The outcome is that Femundløpet will be dropped for my part. I see nothing worse that joining a big competition just to scratch it half way, because of lack in preparation (another reason is that I suspect that I have pnemonia, doctor will tell tomorrow).

I now have more respect for the guides is Beito Husky Tours when they say that the dogs is not listening=) It was probably good to get back to basics for 14 hrs.

Our dogs are specialized touring dogs. In the tracks we are not as fast as other teams, but off-piste we can for sure give a good competition. Today I spent a long time with my pack. Tears almost running as a felt our special conection stronger than ever!

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar